We are very proud to present the new version (number 2) of our REST’ful API. We invested a lot of time to stabilize the current running version. A better security concept has been implemented and we are now able to identify all resources with just one GET parameter.
- the authentication is not username and password any more – we are now building and hmac and compare those hashes for login www.developer.42com.com/documentation/authentication/
- the not REST conform usage of sessions is gone
- every single request is stateless
- the identifier ‘v’ for the object notation is gone
- there is a normalized envelop as a standard json result on every request
Now have a look at the new, smaller and faster implementation at www.developer.42com.com/ and change your external application to the new version located at www.login.42call.com/api/rest/v2/ for example.
It is easy for humans to read and write. It is easy for machines to parse and generate.
If you have any questions or other issues please feel free to contact our devops center at any time.